Doctors recommend garlic, because in its composition there are many benefits that people can take advantage of. It is considered a super food because it is very good for fighting colds and infections. It has the properties that its components give it make it an excellent natural medicine.
But why is garlic ideal for fighting colds and infections? It is believed that some of the beneficial effects of garlic on health come from its sulfur-containing compounds, such as allicin, which are also responsible for the characteristic smell of garlic. Besides all these very useful benefits to the human body, it can also fight a large number of bacteria and also some viruses, strengthens the immune system and therefore should be present in our diet.
With the help of garlic consumption, the human body will benefit from many benefits that will help us to have better health. The content of vitamin C in garlic, a number of enzymes and minerals such as sulfur and selenium seem to play an important role in the effects that garlic has on our health.
The benefits of garlic over the body are as follows:
- First of all, people need to know that it has great antioxidant power, is a powerful antiviral and antibiotic.
- Its other advantages are its decongestant and expectorant effects for which it is indicated in case of cold and flu.
- With the help of garlic, you will be able to purify the mucous membranes of your nose, throat and lungs, keeping them free of germs.
- Your immune system will be much stronger than before consuming this food.
- With its consumption, blood pressure and cholesterol will be under control.
- Garlic is especially indicated for people who tend to suffer from chronic infections or those who have a very weakened immune system.
- There are very few calories in its composition, so you can use it in your diets
- With the consumption of this food, you will reduce the risk of developing heart disease.
- Sulfur compounds contained in garlic, in large doses, protect our body from damage caused by the toxicity of heavy metals.
- Scientists also say that consuming it can fight certain types of cancer.
- And last but not least, during the First World War, many English hospitals used to bandage the wounded with garlic to prevent infection.
People avoid consuming this very good food, because it has a strong aroma and we are also afraid of the smell it leaves in our mouths, but, without a doubt, we must forget these “small damages”. and decide to eat this wonderful gift of nature.
I recommend consuming garlic when:
- It should be taken at the first symptom that occurs in the case of a cold. Cosnider that it is quite convenient to consume more garlic a day, we can cut them into small pieces and take them as if they were tablets.
- If your stomach is delicate and garlic “dry hair” does not fit very well, we can eat it with other foods.
- There are certain diets in which garlic is very present. It is used a lot mixed with parsley, which reduces the smell of garlic and an additional intake of vitamin C.