This is a plant that comes from the Asteraceae family (daisies, sunflowers, etc.). Echinacea is of several kinds, some of them being Echinacea Angustifolia, Echinacea Purpúrea and Echinacea Pallida. All this is well known due to its therapeutic and medicinal benefits.
Specialists recommend this plant as one of the best herbs to strengthen our immune system or defense and to treat infections of almost any type. It can treat the following: a simple cold, bronchitis, urinary tract infections, otitis, angina pectoris, up to scary flu (flu), cough, muscle aches caused by the flu, congestion, etc. are symptoms that Echinacea can alleviate.
Echinacea can be taken whether it is a virus or a bacterial infection. If it is mandatory to take antibiotics, we can take it and it will help us, so that the antibiotic does not leave us so crushed.
Some of its properties are the following:
- In India it was used to treat snake bites and poisonous insects.
- Dentists recommend this plant for infections and painful gums
- As an antiseptic or disinfectant for infected wounds (traditionally the leaves and roots were applied to the affected area). It also helps in good healing.
- External echinacea is also used for ulcers, boils, skin infections and inflammation, repair of injured tissue.
- Mild anti-inflammatory effect (people with arthritis who cannot take chemical anti-inflammatory drugs)
- And last but not least, it helps us get rid of Candida Albicans.
Echinacea should be taken when we suffer from certain problems, because it will help us to improve our health and get over the infection more easily, and finally, if we take it, we have just had an infection, it will help us to recover more. early.
In many cases, then it can help us to take fewer antibiotics, so the day they are essential will have a greater effect on us, because the abuse of antibiotics makes viruses and bacteria more resistant to drugs.
Its purchase can be made from pharmacies and herbs, in the form of capsules, tablets, herbs to make infusions and especially in the form of drops (extract). The dosage will depend on the case to be treated and the presentation and concentration of each manufacturer.